POSITION SUMMARY: The Director, Business Intelligence will focus on aggregating enterprise data into an enterprise data warehouse and generating/distributing enterprise reports that drive business. In addition, the Director, Business Intelligence will listen to the business and provide highly visual reporting capabilities that tell a story, and are directly pertinent and timely to the business decision making process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies, builds, and maintains enterprise data warehousing and reporting technologies.
- Interfaces with all business units, district/national councils, and executive staff to ensure access to reports in an easy to consume fashion.
- Builds web based dashboards to report on key performance indicators.
- Builds web based self-service modules to allow staff to generate enterprise reports in an ad hoc fashion.
- Works in tandem with the Online Communications team to ensure data is being presented via both internally and externally facing websites in a dynamic and useful way.
- Makes recommendations to improve organizational efficiency or amplify results based upon data trends.
- Regularly ensures that enterprise reports are accurate, rich in actionable content, and useful.
- Creation and monitoring of Service Level Agreements with external providers
- Evaluate and recommend new products, maintain knowledge of emerging technologies for use with ULI.
- Work as a project manager as assigned.
- Experience as a Data Architect.
- Trains staff on how to generate, access, and maintain web based enterprise reporting tools.
- Knowledge of and ability to use data modeling software.
- Experience with software interaction with databases such as MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server through APIs such as ODBC.
- Experience crafting SQL Queries and presenting data in a useful format.
- Responsible for supervising external consultants as needed.
- This position interacts with every department in ULI along with many of ULI’s satellite offices, district councils, and national councils.
- Technology vendor
- Technology consultants
- Must have knowledge of the following technologies: Advanced SQL, MS SQL Server, Tableau, Domo (a plus).
- At least 7 years of experience in Information Technology with a specialty in Business Intelligence and 2 years managing direct and contracted resources
- Ability to identify, extract, and analyze data from multiple sources
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Technology certifications are a plus.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication, leadership, and people management skills