BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY: The ULI San Francisco (ULIsf) staff is composed of five positions: Executive Director, Director, Manager (the subject of this position description) and two Associates. The Manager is the lead staff person responsible for managing ULIsf’s Programs, Local Product Councils, and Young Leaders Group, and for the logistical aspects of planning and implementing district council events. The Manager also supports Membership, Technical Assistance Panels (TAPs), and other special initiatives.
The Manager’s overall responsibility is to facilitate and manage the implementation of the District Council’s goals and objectives. This entails working closely with the Executive Director, Director, UrbanPlan Coordinator, Associates, Executive Committee and other committee members. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage each committees’ implementation of its annual plans.
- Work with committee chairs and other members to assure the work of the committee and individual assignments are carried forth between committee meetings.
- Report to Executive Committee.
- Work with ULIsf’s umbrella Programs Committee and the San Francisco subcommittee to help determine content and calendar for 50-60 events/year, including annual signature Emerging Trends and Icons events.
- Work with Programs Committee and subcommittee chairs to help identify new committee members.
- Support moderator trainings for volunteer event facilitators.
- Work closely with Associates to ensure event logistics are staffed and well executed.
- Keep list of potential member volunteers and make assignments to support events.
Local Product Councils (LPCs)
- Work with co-chairs of the two LPCs (residential and commercial) to schedule and implement LPC meetings (currently twice a year).
- Oversee recruiting new members to the LPCs.
- With direction from the Executive Director, support the expansion of the LPC program.
Young Leaders Group
- Coordinate and participate in Young Leaders Group Steering Committee to implement approximately 15 events/year.
- Coordinate and execute the annual Mentor Program, Scholarship Program and University Fellowship Program.
- Identify outstanding Young Leaders to integrate into general District Council committees and activities.
- Work with Director to identify programs to encourage Young Leaders to stay active after “graduation.”
- Work with ULIsf Membership Committee to support existing membership and identify new membership initiatives.
- Coordinate and execute membership-driven events, including My ULI Nite and New Member Happy Hour.
- Work with Membership Committee to grow local membership by 5% annually.
- Assist Director in managing Technical Assistance Panel (TAP) Committee and in delivering 1-3 TAPs annually.
Daily direct work with the ULIsf leadership, Executive Director, Director, Associates, ULI District Council members and other staff based in Washington, DC.
Daily direct work with members, vendors, consultants, and media outlets.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative and program management.
- Advanced software skills (Word, Excel, graphic design, website software, new communications technologies)
- Strong professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public sector executives.
- BA required, graduate work desirable.
- 5-7 years of related experience (e.g., real estate, urban land economics, urban planning, policy)
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your e-mail.
The Urban Land Institute is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).