Up to ten female Associate members of ULI will be awarded scholarships to attend the 2013 Fall Meeting in Chicago from November 5-8, 2013 and advance the mission of the ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI).
The scholarship will include complimentary registration and up to a $1,500 reimbursement of expenses related to hotel, airfare, local transport, meals, and Product Council reception/dinner – which reimbursement will be payable upon scholarship recipients’ attendance and full participation at the Fall meeting as well as the completion of post meeting requirements as hereinafter described.
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
- Completed application form with basic information, ULI engagement, and essay (400 word maximum) addressing the question: “How will involvement in WLI and attendance at the Fall Meeting serve your long -term professional interests?”
- Signed letter from employer/school indicating support of application and confirmation that it will not cover applicant’s costs related to the Fall Meeting (see attached form letter; not required if self-employed or unemployed)
- Please indicate on your application submittal your 3 ULI Product Council preferences (go to: http://www.uli.org/councils/product-councils/ ). To the extent possible, WLI will attempt to match your Product Council day experience with a council of your preference.
The winning candidate will be determined according to the following criteria:
- Level of ULI engagement
- Demonstration of commitment to real estate and land use issues
- Articulation of benefit of WLI involvement and Fall Meeting attendance to applicant’s interests and profession
The winning candidates will notified by September 16, 2013. The winning candidates are required to participate in the following activities:
- Attend a product council session with a WLI member designated as their mentor for the 2013 Fall Meeting
- Attend all WLI-branded events during the Fall Meeting
- Attend the Fall Meeting Women’s Reception, which will formally recognize the award winners
- Write a short essay (400 word maximum) summarizing key takeaways from the Fall Meeting. This essay, which must be completed and sent to ULI (attention: Ms. Jessie Himmelrich) no later than November 29, 2013, will be posted on the ULI website
Applications should be submitted before 11:59 pm on August 15, 2013. Applicants may email one consolidated Word or PDF file (including signed letter of support from employer/school) labeled “Last Name – First Name” to Jessie.Himmelrich@uli.org with the subject heading “2013 WLI Fall Meeting Scholarship.” Please do not mail hard copies to ULI.
Download the application here: 2013 WLI Scholarship Application
Questions may be directed to Jessie Himmelrich at Jessie.Himmelrich@uli.org