Please note that all projects—regardless of location—are entered into a single competition rather than separated into regions. Thus, there are no longer separate awards for the Americas, Asia Pacific, or EMEA region. All projects compete in a single category in the ULI Global Awards for Excellence.
Development projects and programs of any type and in any location that meet the eligibility requirements below may be submitted for a ULI Global Award for Excellence:
- The project must be in stabilized operation and must be financially viable.
- The project must be complete; however, this does not require that the project be newly constructed.
- The project must achieve a high standard of excellence in all areas—design, planning, construction, economics, and management.
- The project must demonstrate relevance to the contemporary and future needs of the community in which it is located.
- The project must provide lessons, strategies, and techniques that can be used or adapted in other communities.
- Programs and processes—such as growth management strategies and publicly guided development programs—are eligible if they have been fully implemented.
- The Awards program is open to all—not just ULI members.