The ULI Urban Open Space Award program accepts applications via an online system that requires applicants to create a user name and password. Before applying, please review these application instructions, which include information about registering on the online system. Please note that though the application requires the same information as in previous years, the process is now conducted electronically.
Creating an OrgSync Account
Participation in the ULI Urban Open Space Award requires the creation of an account on the OrgSync network. The ULI Urban Open Space Award OrgSync community houses the application forms, and will also house the supplementary material and Q&A archives during the submission period. This portal is the primary source of information for applicants during the awards cycle.
- Go to the OrgSync web page. If prompted to select a community, choose “Urban Land Institute” from the pull-down menu.
- Click “Not a Member? Register Now.” Do not log in using an existing Facebook account or an existing OrgSync account.
- Fill out the form with your user name and select a password for the account.
- You will then be taken to the Urban Open Space Awards portal. In the future, use OrgSync to log in. You will need to select the Urban Open Space Awards icon in the left-hand column to enter the portal.
- In order to preserve your entry’s anonymity, click on the gears in the upper right-hand corner of the page and choose “Manage Account.”
- Click on “Privacy Settings.”
- Check all three boxes.
Completing the Application
The general application form is to be submitted online and can be found in the “Forms” section of the Urban Open Space Awards portal. The application form can be saved as a work in progress before the submission is completed. To understand the scope of requirements, you may consult a blank version of the application form.
Applications will only be accepted via the OrgSync system. Any applications sent via other means will be discarded. Please contact email@example.com with any comments or questions you may have to support your submission.
An entry fee must accompany each project submitted. Fees for the 2013 ULI Urban Open Space Award are: US$500 Private Sector, US$200 Public Sector/Nonprofit. Please note that these fees apply to the type of company or organization submitting the application, not the type of project completed. The application will take you to a secure link to complete the transaction
Don’t forget to include the authorization form. Download and complete the authorization form to include with the digital submission. The authorization form guarantees the legitimacy of the submission and enables the submission to be approved for evaluation.